Because they're delicious, addictive, surprising, memorable.

Friday, September 16, 2011

test over

After a 3.5 hour test (that I'm under legal obligation not to discuss), nothing beats coming home to an adorable 3 year old (and her amazing dad, of course). This little girl who literally jumps for joy, tells me she loves to play with me, asks me to read books with her, and is just so darn cute makes me wonder again why I just subjected myself to said test.

My older kids have also asked why.
"I might want to go back to school."
"Why? So you can teach more?"
"Maybe."
"Why would you want to teach more? Then you'd have less time to spend with us."
"But you're in school all day and soon E will be too. I enjoy school, so I might want to go back. This summer you've been bored--I get bored too."

Not this week though. What with lesson prep, grading, kids' activities, the test, neighborhood preschool (my turn to teach last week), volunteering in M's class, and normal household stuff (eating, shopping, etc.), I'm feeling happy for Friday.

Maybe I'll decide not to apply for a PhD program--the scores are good for 5 years; I'm in no rush. Then again, I won't always have an adorable three year old asking me to play.

No comments:

Post a Comment